Timeless and never out of style, Coco Chanel keeps inspiring the fashion-forward decade after decade since her death in 1971. It’s just as she put it herself, ‘Fashion fades, only style remains the same.’ Coco’s style can best be described as infinite and she’s the timeless style icon. She didn’t just embody style though, she created classic fashion till she was old and grey and for this we love her.
How do we love thee Coco Chanel? Let us count the ways
We love thee for…
1. Breaking the fashion status quo in your day, setting women free from the bondage corset and reinventing the way they dressed.
2. Creating and perfecting the art of effortless chic
3. Doing wonders with tweed and inventing the all time classic Chanel suit
4. Making a signature out of the quilted chain strapped bag
5. Against all odds, Creating the little black dress
The ABC of being Coco Chanel
A – Gotta love black
B – Pile on the pearls
C – Get a wardrobe full of hats and master the art of the stylish perch
“Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence, but of those who have already taken possession of their future.”
“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.”
Photo Credits: The Guardian